One Night Changes Everything (Teen Love Story)

,



I always hate trying to straighten my hair. It's almost impossible to do. I am cursed with my mother's long frizzy hair. As I start to go over the same section of hair I've already done repeatedly my phone rings. 

I check the caller i.d. It's my best friend Alyssa. I give up on my hair for now and answer. "Hello?" "Oh my gosh, have you heard about what happened last night?" She said excitedley. Only Alyssa could be so perky this early in the morning. I sighed. She took that as a no and continued. "I heard from Megan that Holly broke up with Jason.

http://www.mgsrvr.com/55e426f71f5652fe012ff45af26e46a6.jpeg

A7X_MCR_Girl1208

Apparently she caught Jason in bed with her neighbor, isn't that crazy?" She asked. "Not really, considering he cheats on her and they break up and get back together like every other week." I replied while pushing stray hairs away from my eyes. "Anyways, I don't understand why you had to call me before school just to tell me about this, you know I can't stand Holly." Holly's the typical slutty cheerleader type. We were friends all through middle school, but as soon as we got to high school she disserted me for the 'popular girls'. Luckily shortly after Holly left me alone I met Alyssa. 

We've been friends ever since. "I know how you feel about her, I called to tell you, well actually, warn you to keep an eye on Scott." She said, sounding kind of disappointed that I wasn't as surprised by the news as she was. "What are you talking about?" I demanded. Scott is my boyfriend, we've been together since we were both assigned as lab partners last year. I would turn red every time he happened to glance at me. I fell for him completely, and after a long month of hoping he would ask me out, he did. "Geez calm down, I just said to keep an eye on him, don't forget that they used to date." she said. I cringed. Like I could forget, the fact that they used to date is part of the reason I'm filled with insecurity some times. They had dated for a short time before we met. 

He had admitted to me once that they had slept together, and he did like her, but he was always paranoid that she was out cheating on him so they broke up. "Yeah they used to date, what does that have to do with anything?" I asked. It was her turn to sigh. I set my phone on speaker and placed it on the bathroom counter, where I happened to be getting ready for school. I went back to straightening my hair. "Well Holly and Jason breaking up wasn't the only news I had to tell you, Megan also heard that Holly isn't going to take him back this time, that she has her sights set on an old flame." She explained. "Scott's not the only guy she's been with you know." I tried to reason. "Obviously, but let me finish, Holly also said that this particular guy has sandy brown hair and is on the football team.." damn Scott for being a football player. "That still dosen't mean its Scott-" "Will you please let me finish?!" Alyssa begged, clearly annoyed. "Right sorry." I said and reached for a bottle of hair spray. "The last thing Holly said was that this guy has really unique hazel eyes." she said hesitantly this time. I froze. 

The thing me, and every other girl love about Scott are his eyes. He has the muscles, the genuine smile, the brown spiked hair that never gets messed up, but his best features are his hazel eyes. I tried not to let this affect me, but who wants a known skank coming after their boyfriend? I wondered briefly if Scott would choose me over Holly. It hurt to think about it. "Chloe? Chloe are you still there?" Alyssa was saying. "Yeah, I'm still here." I replied. She could hear the hurt in my voice. "Look, I didn't tell you all of this to upset you, I just wanted you to be on guard, that's all." she said. I felt a little better. "I know, thanks Alyssa, see you at school." I said and hung up. I went to pick up the straighter but gave up and left the bathroom feeling frustrated.